Vote for the Great Brand of the Year
As we approach the end of 2016 (yes, time flies!), I thought it would be fun and interesting to do a survey on the Great Brand of the Year. I want to hear which brand you think deserves the top honor. And if you vote, you’ll get entered to win an autographed copy of my book What Great Brands Do (scroll down for details.) Of course this won’t be a scientific poll, but given that most of my readers are business leaders or thought leaders or both, I think we’ll get a good read on which brand deserves to be called the Great Brand of the Year.
In addition to your own subjective assessment of a brand’s leadership, innovation, and stewardship, you might consider the criteria that I used when qualifying the brands I profiled in my books, What Great Brands Do: The Seven Brand-Building Principles That Separate the Best from the Rest, and Extraordinary Experiences: What Great Retail and Restaurant Brands Do. That is:
- Profitability — Great brands enjoy above-average profit margins within their categories or at least the ability to charge a price premium for their offering.
- Strong relevance and differentiation — Great brands are esteemed by customers for being compellingly resonant and meaningfully different.
- High brand valuation — Great brands are valued more highly by financial analysts — reports like Interbrand’s Best Global Brands and Millward Brown’s Brand Z measure this dimension.
- Fast rate of growth — Great brands don’t necessarily have to be big, but they usually have strong upward momentum.
- Workplace culture — Great brands are loved by the people who work on them — they’re usually on Fortune magazine’s 100 Best Companies To Work For, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work, and/or Great Place to Work lists.
Also some brands have done some pretty remarkable things this year including introducing breakthrough products, running memorable campaigns, and making bold corporate moves, so you’ll want to factor that into your vote too.
To start the voting off, I’ve provided a list of the 10 brands that I suspect may be at the top of most people’s lists but don’t limit yourself to these options — feel free to write in any brand that deserves to named Great Brand of the Year. Please vote for one brand only and please only vote once. Be sure to enter your email address if you want to be entered to win a copy of What Great Brands Do. (Winner will be randomly selected from all voters.) Voting closes on October 31, 2016.
If you don’t see the survey here, please go to: http://freeonlinesurveys.com/s/R3gaI4De
Thanks! And look for the results here the first week in November.