Extraordinary Experiences Interview with Cheryl Bachelder, CEO of Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen
Here’s an interview with Cheryl Bachelder, CEO of Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen. I spoke with Cheryl during the research for my new book, Extraordinary Experiences: What Great Retail and Restaurant Brands Do.
As you will hear, Popeyes is a unique regional fast food brand that underwent a dramatic transformation. Take a listen to the interview to get the inside scoop from Cheryl on the turnaround, Cheryl’s personal brand passion, and what she and her team are working on now. And a very special shout-out to Cheryl for participating in the book!
- 02:50 “We want our employee and guest experience to be as stunning as our food”
- 04:00 building a servant leader competency at Popeyes
- 06:16 “A superior guest and employee experience is a more profitable business strategy”
- 07:23 why Cheryl and her team chose to put franchisees first
- 13:12 the unique way they work with their franchisees
- 15:40 they slow down to go fast
- 21:21 why did Cheryl take on the brand turnaround in the first place
- 25:37 “If you truly believe your brand has something special, then it just becomes your job to make sure everybody else knows it.”
- 26:31 how she views the competition and what customers want
- 28:58 how Popeyes’ is now focused on customer experience
- 31:44 “To be a brand builder or a brand turnaround person, it has to be in your heart to make these things come to life for people.”