25 Surprising Things About Brand & Culture
Here are 25 surprising things you will learn about brand and culture in my new book, FUSION: How Integrating Brand and Culture Powers the World’s Greatest Companies.
- The real reason behind Amazon’s success — why bad press about its corporate culture didn’t sink the company.
- Three major problems caused by a brand and culture mismatch.
- Why employee perks like unlimited vacation, free snacks, and beer on Fridays don’t produce the results companies need — and can actually backfire.
- There is no universal definition of a good culture, beyond a certain baseline. There is a unique culture that is right for each organization.
- Why you should get rid of your mission statement.
- Three ways to pinpoint your company’s overarching purpose.
- The difference between category values and core values.
- The three criteria that all effective core values have in common.
- How every company in the world falls into one of nine brand types.
- How to align your core values with your desired brand identity.
- How to conduct a culture audit.
- What is employee brand engagement and how to develop it.
- Ten years after Ford’s spectacular turnaround, what Alan Mulally did to lead a brand-inspired cultural revolution at that company.
- What is the “frozen middle” and how to thaw it.
- Why hiring, firing, and promoting decisions may be the most important leadership responsibilities.
- Why marketing and HR should collaborate, not compete.
- Why employee experience and customer experience must be inextricably linked.
- The four steps to designing employee experience.
- The power of rituals, artifacts, and employee policies and procedures.
- How to develop an employee manual that supports and advances your desired culture.
- Five ideas for staging employee brand engagement experiences.
- What is an employee brand engagement toolkit and how to develop one.
- How to use your overarching purpose to inspire external brand actions that define or redefine your brand.
- The cultural imperative behind REI’s successful #OptOutside campaign.
- How Oakley leveraged its culture to differentiate its brand.
Download a free chapter here.
And pre-order your copy today to get access to exclusive resources including a special preview of my new keynote presentation. (Updated 03.14.18: Pre-orders are no longer available because FUSION is available for sale now here.)