thank you and come again
brand-as-business bit: My latest Brand New Perspectives column in QSR Magazine answers a QSR operator’s question about keeping customers coming back.
The piece outlines my thoughts on increasing purchase frequency — an objective of practically every marketer — I would be remiss if I didn’t mention the effectiveness of a heart-felt ‘thank you.’ Said with earnestness, those two words have so much power — they:
- convey emotion — humans are emotional beings
- make a personal connection — what marketer wouldn’t want to do this?
- stand out — because it’s becoming a rare occurrence
- increase profits — read the evidence in this great bit from last fall’s Fast Company
- give me a reason to buy again — nuff said
Here’s an example of a well-executed “thank you” I recently received in an order from the White House/Black Market: