Apple Is the Great Brand of the Year
Thanks to everyone who participated in my recent survey to determine which brand should be named Great Brand of the Year. The results are in! You voted as follows:
#3 — Amazon (which received 14% of the votes)
#2 — Netflix (15%)
#1 — drumroll please…Apple (16%)
Although the survey is unscientific and Apple beat out its closest rivals by just a percentage point or two, there’s good reason for Apple to be named the Great Brand of the Year. Among Apple’s accolades and achievements are:
- Around $635 billion in market cap — the largest of any U.S. company
- The highest sales per square foot of any retailer at $5,546, according to eMarketer
- #1 in Interbrand’s 2016 ranking of Best Global Brands, with $178 billion in brand value
- #1 in FutureBrand’s Index of Global Top 100 Companies
- #2 in Brand Z’s 2016 Most Powerful Brand list, with $229 billion in brand value**
- #5 Tenet’s list of 2016 Most Powerful Brands based on the CoreBrand Index
- #1 in Satmetrix’s Net Promoter Score for laptops and tablets and #2 for smartphones
- #1 in J.D. Power’s 2016 Smartwatch Device Satisfaction Report
- The winner in Boston Consulting Group Survey of America’s Favorite Brand
- The news Apple announced at its annual conference in September wasn’t as ground-breaking as in years past, but the new iPhone 7 has benefited from the talk-value of removing the headphone jack as well as Samsung’s debacle with its Galaxy Note 7
- And, just last week, it announced the first major overhaul to the MacBook Pro family in more than four years.
2017 holds the promise of being an even bigger year for Apple, as the iPhone reaches its 10 year anniversary and rumors of its “mixed reality” functionality abound. For now, Apple is the winner of the 2016 Great Brand of the Year survey.
Thanks again for participating!