fast food line-up
brand-as-business bit: There’s been a lot of activity in the fast food world these days: Burger King just launched a new menu and ad campaign, Wendy’s introduced a new tagline and campaign, and Taco Bell is experimenting with a new menu and tagline.
My colleagues over at E-Poll and I thought it would be helpful to get a handle on just how each of these brands is currently performing. Here are some of their research findings*:
- Burger King – 86%
- Wendy’s – 80%
- Taco Bell – 79%
- Burger King – 53%
- Wendy’s – 63%
- Taco Bell – 54%
- Burger King – 13%
- Wendy’s – 26%
- Taco Bell – 9%
So, Wendy’s seems to be leading the pack right now.
Also, I thought the following results to the question “What is the slogan for the brand?” were particularly revealing:
- Have It Your Way: 70% (reinstated in 2002 and used sporadically after having been retired in the 1970’s)
- Home of the Whopper: 9% (never really used as a tagline)
- Where’s the beef?: 23% (used as a headline beginning last fall after having been retired in the 1980’s)
- You know when it’s real: 7% (began in Fall of 2009 and ran for 2 1/2 years)
- Think outside the bun: 48% (began in 2002 and was just replaced this month)
- Make a run for the border: 21% (ran in the late 80’s/early 90’s for a few years)
- Yo quiero Taco Bell: 7% (began in the late 90’s and ran for a few years)
*results from E-Poll Market Research’s E-Score Brand service which surveyed a representative sample of 1,500 respondents aged 13+ years old in early March.