I love brands! I’m fascinated by the sway they exert over people’s purchases. I’m amazed by the ones that really make me “think different.” I think it’s so cool when creative ones find innovative ways to engage me. I admire the ones that are changing the world.
I wrote my upcoming book, What Great Brands Do: The Seven Brand-Building Principles That Separate the Best from the Rest (Jossey-Bass.) in part to celebrate great brands. (I hope you’ll check it out when it comes out in January.) And today I decided to launch a new campaign, #WGBD, to kick things off early and hopefully continue the conversation long after the book buzz dies down.
The #WGBD campaign involves us – you and me — creating a virtual collage of great brands in action. To participate, please take photos of great brands you see and tag them with the hashtag #WGBD on Twitter or Instagram. Here are the deets:
what: take pictures of brands doing things that you think are great
when: starting now
where: post them using the hashtag #WGBD on Twitter or Instagram
examples: here are a couple of pix I recently took:
ideas: here are few ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
- take pictures of products, people, signs, ads, packaging, websites, social media posts
- capture brand messages or ideas that are particularly creative or different from competitors
- show interesting brand partnerships (brands with celebrities, with other brands, etc.)
- show how companies engage their employees with their brand
- look for brands in the news
I’ve already posted a couple of images (check out my Twitter and Instagram feeds at @deniseleeyohn) and start contributing your own. I look forward to seeing the Great Brand collage we create together!